Friday, July 10, 2009

Welcome thingie....

hi reader,

this is a strange way to introduce you to this space...(read the first post!) but here goes.

this is where i'm supposed to tell you what the actual function of bytwenty8 is. honestly...I have nothing nice, neat, concise and marketable to tell you except to expect a little bit of everything. from time to time there will be:
  1. genre and auteur studies on some medium (music VIDEOS, movies, music primarily)
  2. rants about something on an intellectual level (education-, global-, race- and sex/gender politics primarily)

AND FINALLY...

3. my personal life plan and how i'm doing towards that end

that last bullet is the real reason this is called by bytwenty8. i have some meager big goals that i want achieved by--guess when?--yeah! TWENTY8! and i wanted to put them in a place where i could hold myself accountable.

my expertise (on paper anyway...) is in television, radio, and film, with some substantial work done in Black Studies, and entrepreneurship. if i had been 'awake' sooner, i would've been a Women & Gender Studies hawk too. but i came to it late it in the higher ed game.

i admit that this is indeed an unabashedly selfish way to go about goal setting--make a blog all about me me me me and me in the spitting image of my generation--and so a few people will judge my self-centeredness. BUT that's okay!

we should all be a little narcissistic sometimes. Happy Reading!

nineteen eighty-seven

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis