Wednesday, February 17, 2010

'Blood Done Sign My Name' (2/19)




Did I ever tell you about how I'm, like, in love with Nate Parker?
So yeah--I still heart Laz!--but definitely...I'm, like, in love with Nate.

And you'd be right to suspect that it has something to do with 'The Great Debaters' and 'Secret Life of Bees.'

NOW, it's because of his upcoming lead in 'Blood Done Sign My Name.'

My lust aside, Dr. Benjamin Chavis and his on-screen counterpart sat in with Mo'Nique on BET last night to discuss the February 19th premiere of 'Blood Done Sign My Name.'

The movie takes its moniker from historian Timothy Tyson's bestseller of the same title. In 1970, Tyson's innocence is shattered by his playmate with a Didjahear? "Daddy and Roger and 'em shot 'em a nigger."

Butwaitthere'smore: 23-year-old, Black Vietnam vet, Henry Marrow was Ben Chavis' cousin.

The film opened the Pan African Film Festival in L.A. last week, and premieres in 'limited theaters' (smh) THIS FRIDAY. See the trailer here.


Written and directed by Jeb Stuart.
Distributed by Paladin.
POST SCRIPT
Take a minute to ponder why there's so much weak-[behind] marketing for the next few movies I discuss. IRKED.COM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis