Thursday, April 1, 2010

▌BALLER's 401K ▌Ron Artest to get own reality series


Ron Artest to get own reality series via The Hollywood Reporter

Well alright.

I mean...here's the money quote (if anyone's surprised):
"The series will document the ups and downs of Artest's life, allowing him to 'make amends for past transgressions,'"

 Join the band, fella. Join the band.




I know Michael Vick probably felt like he had to do it following the dog fighting fiasco--and to keep it extremely 100, The Michael Vick Project, isn't a waste of your life in reality television. It's pretty okay. For whatever reason, I feel the need to call Lamar Odom out on the carpet because of his personal effort in Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and I guess that means, by default, I have to add Reggie Bush. Then that means I gotta throw in the RHoA hubbies on Bravo (Eric Snow, Ed Hartwell). And Emmitt Smith for kicks (Dancing with the Stars, Who Do You Think You Are?). Folks can argue the point that professional ballers have always made attempts to and through film and television, but here's all I'm trying to say.


I don't see nothing wrong [sic] with Ron Artest having a show. I just need the entire NFL and NBA to know that if they're going to make reality television they're next step, they gotta punch it up in the charisma department. This ain't NBA TV or the NFL Network.

There's a reason Stephen A. Smith, Stuart Scott and the like are fun to watch when they commentate. Catch my drift? Like, I hate knowing you're reading a teleprompter...I hate that you talk at the low monotonous run of my washer and dryer...I hate that you quote stats with about as much excitement as me filing my fingernails...

Last piece of beef, though: If folks are going to badger Ron Artest about so-called past-transgressions, we need to establish an entire network featuring the whole NHL! I'm sick of the double standard. Athletes in these two organizations go through all this PR salvaging, and not once have I ever seen an NHL player take the kind of public heat/feel pressured to right some astronomical wrong that NBA and NFL'ers do. SMH.

But anywho...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis