Monday, January 25, 2010

GO MO'! The Academy Award (had better) go to...


Never mind the off the record Award shows, Mo'Nique has now nabbed the Golden Globe and a SAG Award for her interpretation of Sapphire's Push, and Lee Daniels' 'Precious'.

Way to make me put my foot in my mouth H'W'D.

You'll recall my skepticism surrounding the Black NEWB effect. This business of throwing Black newcomers a nod as if it should suffice in the stead of acknowledging veteran accomplishments AND warmly welcoming Newbs (reference J. Hud's Oscar following Bill's 'Dreamgirls'). I was concerned--must always disclaim: NOT HATING, JUST SAYING--that Gabourey would get swooped up in that vortex this year and quickly sidelined thereafter.

BUT NOT SO THUS SAITH AWARDS SEASON 2010.

Keep me wrong, y'all. Keep me wrong. Mo'Nique is doing the dang thang!


Now on to my Sundance musings...
(Those harlots.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis