Thursday, January 28, 2010

IFWHEN: I make my first flick, I'll wear...



:-D

LaCoste & Married to the MOB designed these sneakers.

For girls who have been tryna figure out how to soothe their Chucks-to-heels fetish, I must repost. If there were any shoe that quelled the need for the 'juvenile' and comfortable, then the need to feel *fris-kay* AND receive some sign from Womanhood that you're officially IN (or you'll at least halfway do)...

I've always said, if I ever get to a point where I don't feel like I have to worry about impressing somebody else in order to get into a school, in order to get a job, in order to..., in order to..., I'd do it my way. And why not literally lace up my sneakers?

Here's a poem, too! I heard a sister lament this same dilemma one year at Hip Hop Theater Festival here at home (DC, like, duh). These aren't the exact same verses, and actually, this is a different sister altogether. BUT it just goes to show I'm not alone. Read 'A Poem with Sole.'


POST SCRIPT
Don't take this as a sign of some defeated attitude. Creo que you can always do it your way--no matter what size heel or what color Converse distresses the prepackaged people around you. These sneaks are just an example of my victorious rebellion. :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis