Wednesday, February 10, 2010

OMGeeeee! Noisettes' 'Saturday Night' (Video)



SOoooooooooo--you have to know that I super, capital HEART The Noisettes! Thanks, ThisIsRealMusic.com!

They're a UK delight, and I think the most fitting description I've ever heard of Shingai Shoniwa's voice (she plays the BASS--come. see. her.) matched up with guitarist Dan Smith and drummer Jamie Morrison is "Billie Holiday fronting the White Stripes."

This video is the visual manifestation of 'Saturday Night' from their sophomore album, Wild Young Hearts. I'm almost not kidding you when I say I crank their freshman jammie, What's the Time, Mr. Wolf? darn near daily.

This Sis is absolutely beautiful!! Hope you enjoy! I'll weigh in on the graphics later. Mi cama awaits.



POST SCRIPT
Shingai Shoniwa really, truthfully, seriously is one of the faces I need to see on my living room furniture box. Even though I'm supposed to be "grown", it's amazing what seeing a minor reflection of yourself represented on-screen does for your esteem--even if momentarily.

Which reminds me of @Wale's tweets today. Darker sistahs were going OFF about the Diddy-like casting of 'Pretty Girls' via Twitter, and I gotta say, I at minimum, appreciate that Wale was even fazed by the discontent. He said he wants a 'Tyra' show spot so he can explain how the video biz works. *Sighs* It is what it is, fam. But I WILL say 'My Sweetie' (even tho it's not the TV'd buzz) is a nice concession. Big up to the Naija representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis